- They help in healing skin and make it glow. Sesame seeds help the skin remain warm and moist. They are rich in anti-inflammatory properties that are vital in healing redness and other facial skin issues by getting rid of pathogens and other agents causing skin infections.
Mix one tablespoon olive oil and two tablespoons of powdered sesame seeds. Apply this mixture on your face after dampening it. Do it once or twice a week.
- Benefits of sesame are not only for skin, but also for hair. They trigger hair growth by nourishing the roots with their rich omega fatty acids content. They also help in moisturising the scalp and improve blood circulation to rejuvenate hair follicles.
Add two teaspoons of sesame oil to 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil and one tablespoon of aloe-vera gel. Apply this mixture on your scalp and massage gently with circular motions. Do this twice or thrice a week. Rinse your hair with a chemical-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Sesame seeds contain the highest amount of oil content as compared to any other seed. It helps in removing dental plaque and boosts oral health.
- Sesame seeds enhance digestive health by relieving constipation.
- They are also beneficial for people who are under radiation treatments for cancer.
- Components of sesame seeds, like magnesium, help in maintaining insulin and glucose levels, and prevent diabetes. The rich magnesium content is also ideal to reduce hypertension.
- Their anti-aging properties nourish hair and delay greying.
- They also reduce inflammation in joints, bones and muscles. But remember not to consume excessive amount of sesame seeds because too much of anything is bad.
- With the presence of natural antioxidants and natural SPF, sesame keeps the skin protected from the sun’s UV rays as well as from free radicals. Sesame has been traditionally used in several therapies worldwide due to these properties.